No One Else Wants to Bring Sexyback, Either

About two months ago, I called for a moratorium on the use of the phrase "I'm bringin' SexyBack." I think the song by the same name is senseless, repetitive, craptacular, and doesn't deserve the airplay it's been getting. Its song title certainly doesn't deserve its constant use in the vernacular of women, most of whom would probably never be able to actually bring SexyBack - whatever that means.

Well, guess what? DJs in New York's club scene are finally seeing the light. They agree with me!

[C]lubs around the city have been using the song title on their posters, so that the already-hungry masses naturally expect to hear their favorite song. “I’ve seen it on multiple club posters. Things like, you know, ‘We’re bringing the sexy back tonight at whatever club,’” said Alex Sanchez, a.k.a. D.J. Alex Technique. “I think it’s the dumbest thing ever.”
Eat it, bitches. I can only hope we have already witnessed the end of the SexyBack era, and its final resting place will be on the 2007 Banished Words List.

2 Moments of Idiocy:

Blogger Jonathan Evans said...

Good call. I've been in Hong Kong 1 month now, and I think I've seen that damned video about 100 times. That and Evanescence......We'll forget I mentioned that, Justin is bad enough.

1:36 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

does sexyback include clear bra straps? because if so, i will vomit.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home