Drop the Name Dropping

You know who I can't stand? Name droppers. They're all over New York. You know someone who knows someone. Your uncle's mother-in-law's best friend's son is someone famous. Good for you. I'm happy for you.

I mean, It's not like I tell all my friends that my cousin once played a bit part on Ed in its final season, and went to college with Stephen Colbert and David Schwimmer. And that I met them at his wedding before either of them hit it big. No, I'd never brag about that.

It's not like I go around and brag about how my cousin is neighbors with Jon Stewart and I've been invited to go watch The Daily Show live, and get my picture taken with him. And maybe have dinner after the taping, and pick his brain. No, I'd never brag about that.

I wouldn't dare spread the news that my friend works for a Hollywood agent who represents Eliza Dushku, and totally swears he can hook me up with a date with her, and maybe score some tickets for me to take her to a Red Sox game next season, where I could take her into the clubhouse to meet the players. No, I'd never brag about that, either.

Is any of that true? How would you know for sure unless I told you? I could've just pulled all that out of my ass. I bet your name-dropping is probably bullshit too, and I really don't care who you know.

Unless you could score me a date with Eliza Dushku. In that case, I'm listening.

6 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... David Boreanez graduated from my college!

So did Ricki Lake!


Wait... you went to Ithaca too :-P


I really don't have any celebrity connections. Bob Saget went to my township's high school. That's about it.


-beej

9:38 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Ricki Lake never graduated from IC. She only went for one year. Clearly she was smarter than the rest of us.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Deb said...

You forgot about Jeri Ryan.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I wiped Jonathan Lipnicki's ass on the Jerry Maguire set. All the time.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Karen ;- ) said...

I met Al Gore.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met you make me sick

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home