Now, A Clarification

Earlier this month, I remarked that Audrey Ference's bar reviews for L Magazine made me dumber.

Well, thanks to Audrey herself, now I know the rest of the story:
I'm not actually allowed to just review the bars, is the thing. I'm supposed to be writing about "bar culture." They had an actual reviewer for a while but I guess they got rid of him. Sorry if I've made you more stupid. I only get 400 words. I try my hardest.
So, she's not reviewing the bars, which in my humble opinion, defeats the whole purpose of writing about them. I don't understand why anyone would want to read about a topic as vague as "bar culture." But if the L insists on it, I can't blame Audrey. Well, then. I'm sorry, Audrey... you're officially off my list. Now I know that it's not Audrey who sucks; it's L Magazine that sucks.

So, L Magazine, for the crime of not allowing space for any mention of skee ball when mentioning Ace Bar, you are officially on my list.

3 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Lauren said...

Did you email Audrey, or did she just happen upon your post?

Either way, you should feel like an ass. Just a girl trying to do her job!

2:06 PM  
Blogger WelshSoxFan said...

did she find you by Googling herself to see what comes up?

4:40 PM  
Blogger Beehive Hairdresser said...

Even if she can only write about culture, much of the culture of Ace bar is based off of skeeball.

I nominate her to stay on your list.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home