The New Enemy: Streptococcus

Meet the latest visitor to my body:

He takes up residence in your throat and puts you through agony every time you want to send something his way. He's visited virtually everyone, mostly in childhood years, but somehow I managed to avoid him until I was 24 years old.

How did he get there? I don't know. Maybe it's because every one of my co-worker's desks have looked like this for the past week:

Or maybe it's because I was too drunk to remember making out with someone on Saturday night:

Most likely, it came from some whiny little brat out in public:

So, to whomever is responsible for giving me strep throat, thanks. From now on, I should just walk around New York City like this:

Except the skirt. I could go without the skirt.

7 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Karen ;- ) said...

If I'm correct, the bacteria is actually herpes. Ladies, stay away from the evidiot...

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too frequently refer to President Dumbass as "some whiny little brat." Let's never let him out in public again.

12:34 PM  
Blogger dmbmeg said...

perhaps my recently diagnosed case of strep throat mutated into some crazy airborne bacteria that travelled from chelsea to the east village. or not.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Mjones said...

You probably got it from work. Or at least that's what you should say at work. Go for the sympathy and then take like 2 extra sick days. Maybe mumble "mono" in there somewhere. That will teach those idiots to stay home when they are sick instead of polluting everyone else.

1:38 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

you have to wash your hands at least 7 times a day to prevent such atrocities!! seriously. 7. you have to be that guy.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen ;-)

Herpes is VIRUS not a bacteria. Strep is a bacteria. Go grab yourself some edumacation.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous maple said...

The last time I had strep my throat swelled shut and I had to spit in a cup. Mmm!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home