Grammar Police on Patrol

I have never been to Toasties in Union Square. In general, I don't usually trust an establishment that uses the Comic Sans font in their logo. But mainly, I don't patronize Toasties because of the grammar crime it commits on the sidewalk of Union Square West. This banner has been hanging by Toasties' outdoor seating for nearly a year:


A Brooklyn Lager sounds mighty tempting... especially when accompanied by a lovely view of Union Square Park. But until that God-awful banner is taken down or corrected, Toasties is on my list.

Toasties, YOU'RE in New York. Stop embarassing us.

10 Moments of Idiocy:

Blogger Jason said...

Bad Beer + Worse Grammar = an unhappy drunk...

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate it when people say "X and I" indiscriminately, such as "send it to X and I." yuck!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Reminds me of Port 41 where they advertise DART'S on their awning... right next to BIKINI, one of which I have never seen that bar.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

That is terrible. But it's still a step up from "Ur."

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Karen ;- ) said...

It makes my eyes bleed.

4:02 PM  
Blogger shutupihateyoumore said...

We thank you for standing up for grammar. But the stance agains Comic Sans is truly the stance of a hero. Comic Sans is crime against humanity.

4:17 PM  
Blogger concha said...

eh, i use comic sans in my ichat. whut?

11:28 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

I'm on the other side of the world and I wish I could fly over just to rip that damn thing up. The misuse of apostrophes in society is a much bigger crime than the rampant use of Comic Sans.

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Marjorie said...

Someone has since written an "e" on the sign.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grammar sir,

It is not supposed to say [You're]. It is supposed to say [Yours].

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home