Don't Look at Me, I'm Hideous!

The Terry Francona termination countdown stands at: 42 days

I am humbled. This is the second worst time I've been a Red Sox fan in New York (naturally, it still won't top 2003). Don't pity me. Our collapse is comical at this point. When I saw that Manny Ramirez left the game hurt in the fifth inning, I actually let out a yelp of laughter in the office.

At least there's always the Mets.

17 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Marjorie said...

This almost makes up for 2004, though we didn't actually eliminate the Red Sox (see it's plural even though it doesn't look plural).

9:31 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

maybe for another $100 million we could have competed with the Yankees. Sigh.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Z. Madison said...

I'd offer my sincere condolences and empathy, but I'm still dumbfounded that we're now 6 1/2 ahead and did it IN FENWAY with a 5-game sweep.

I read today that this hasn't been done by the Yanks since '43!

St. Torre and Cap. Jeter were hilarious to watch in their post game interviews yesterday. Acting is neither of their strengths.

Steinbrenner must be wetting himself with laughter.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEEP!

11:04 AM  
Blogger WelshSoxFan said...

The season's not over yet and, unlike Yankees 'fans' we Sox fans continue to support our team even when they struggle. We have 4 in the Bronx in September and the Yankees stil can't pitch worth shit, so thing's not over. And taking 5 in a row from the Sox in the regular season still can't top the Sox taking 4 in a row in the postseason and dancing on the dugout in Yankee Stadium after game 7 (and anyone who claims it almost makes up for 2004 is either lying, simple or just utterly clueless).

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Marjorie said...

Welsh-Way to attack people you don't even know.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mjones said...

You know, I root for the Red Sox when they play the Yanks, but after your not so nice Mets comment I may have to change my mind.

Check your stats buddy:

Mets = .610

Red Sox = .556

And the Mets celebrated the 1986 Reunion on Saturday night. I bet Bill Buckner was somewhere crying.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Not so nice Mets comment? I root for the Mets! I wasn't being sarcastic - I mean it: there IS always the Mets.

And besides, I can put 1986 behind me now. Even though it ruined my childhood.

4:59 PM  
Blogger The Omnipotent Q said...

I'm with WSF.Anyone who thinks this avenges 2004 is out of their minds. This five-game sweep will only mean something if the Yankees win the World Series, otherwise it's a footnote in history. As another Sox fan I know said, the Yankees just had their "World Series," as they can't seem to win a real one.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous New York Hotlist said...

Not sure what causes Red Sox managers past and present to rewrite "Boneheaded Moves by MLB Managers" everytime they face the Yankees. I really can't give any credit to Francona for the turnaround in 2004 ALCS or point to one particular move he made and say great job. Besides, it's hard to respect someone who only got the job based on Curt Schilling's recommendation.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

One day, a certain team of Superstars, are going to have a rash of injuries:

They shall reach into their treasure trove, called their Minor League System;

& their trove will be barren.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

The 5 Games Sweep in '06 did NOT end the Season:

The 4 Games to 3 in '04, DID end the Postseason:

Still some Baseball To Go;

"Fasten Your Seat Belts-We're in the 9th Inning", as Bob Murphy liked to say.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Z. Mad?

Try 1927 "Murderers' Row", for the last time, unless you got that from a source like Tim Mc Carver.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& I like the Mets:

I know what Chris IS Saying;

They are a wonderous diversion from all this misery.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Mjones said...

I am glad we agree on the Mets then.

I like to think that we Met fans sit patiently while Yankee and Red Sox fans duke it out.

Then when one team loses, those fans come to our side and together we rise up like Voltron to become one mega-fanship. We gladly accept those fans, as long as the don't make any comments about our team's record from say, 1988-1998, which by the way, were the years that ruined my childhood.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Marjorie said...

WSF, Omni and ML - "Almost". I never said it did. Although we did actually end your season in the post season: 2003, 1999. Then there were all those years we won the division and you never made it to the playoffs...wish I was around for 1978. Let's see were the cards lay in October.

Z. Mad you are right:) http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060821&content_id=1621566&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

10:25 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

33 & counting!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home