Do Not Look Directly at the Burrito

Before a bar crawl on Saturday that spanned ten bars over ten hours, I stopped by Chipotle. It was the equivalent of a marathon runner preparing for the race with a big bowl of pasta. It wasn't long ago that I used to go to Chipotle for lunch at least twice a week. I was in an afternoon food coma that left me lifeless, but at least I was filled to the brim with burrito goodness.

These things are delicious. They are addictive. But they are dangerous; all bets are off once you become aware of the nutritional facts of a Chipotle burrito. If you eat Chipotle more than once a month, it's best not to click on that link.

For the record, here's the dirty facts on my meal on Saturday:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Burrito Bol
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1010 Calories from Fat 452
Total Fat 51g
     Saturated Fat 19g
Cholesterol 144mg
Sodium 3018mg
Total Carbohydrate 78g
     Dietary Fiber 9.5g
     Sugars 8g
Protein 58g
Vitamin A 125%
Vitamin C 109%
Calcium 34%
Iron 6%

My stomach is crying. But on the bright side, I got my daily fix of Vitamins A and C!

9 Moments of Idiocy:

Blogger Z. Madison said...

jesus! it's a miracle you didn't have a massive heart attack on the spot. There's one of these a block from my office and half the guys I know are addicted.

I'll have to break alot of hearts forwarding this on...

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to go to chipotle all the time, until i found out the nutritional info on their food. who knew?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

You just decided what I'm having for lunch today.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Adam said...

Good lord! I don't understand the physics of cramming over 1000 calories into something that size.

And to think, I felt bad for eating chicken salad for lunch because of all the mayo!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Jader said...

Maybe that explains all the gas that inevitably follows a Chipotle trip...

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Karen ;- ) said...

Is anyone as concerned as I am about the "10 bars and 10 hours" more than the burrito?

2:52 PM  
Blogger kat said...

i am so, so sorry that i clicked on that link.

10:38 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

what is sheer genius is that sodium content.

12:08 PM  
Blogger football freak said...

I love Chipotle…I’m addicted in fact. I think there’s crack inside their steak burritos with pinto beans and hot sauce.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home