Chasing Cars

Dear Chris,

On Saturday evening around 6:30pm, you heard "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol blasting out of a vehicle parked at the corner of 48th and 8th. What type of vehicle was that? Was it a VW Jetta with New Jersey plates?



No!

It must've been one of those cars from the suburbs still all decked up from a high school graduation, driven by a girl from Rockland County who's listening to Z100 and can't get over the fact that all her friends are going off to four-year schools and she's going to community college.


No, but a good guess. Try again.

Was it a limousine filled with rowdy members of a bachelorette party?


Wrong again.

Wait! I've got it! It was the La Rumba Express!


Nope. But SO CLOSE!

I give up. What vehicle did you hear "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol blasting out of at 6:30pm on a Saturday evening in Hell's Kitchen?

This one!


A New York City Sanitation Truck.

Hey, garbagemen have feelings, too!

4 Moments of Idiocy:

Blogger Mjones said...

That's hysterical. I live in that neighborhood, and I know my sanitation workers listen to like, death metal.


I'll be sure to keep my eyes and ears open in the future.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jesus. I will now be selling my tix to the show here on the 8th. Ack.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no Chris, what a travesty that a garbage man may listen to the same music as you. whatever.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee, I enjoyed the diss on Rockland County. I'm from Rockland. And I think it's, well, basically a real shithole. Worst of all, I had to live there before they built the Palisades Mall! IMAGINE THE HORROR! We had to make do with the Nanuet Mall when I was a child, and for the real exotic things that couldn't be found in Rockland, forays into New Jersey for their malls.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home