Annoying Pedestrian Rant #273

There's only one thing more annoying than a pedestrian walking in front of you who stops dead in his tracks: a pedestrian walking towards you who stops dead in his tracks.

This leads to a particularly awkward situation where you come face-to-face with a dumbfounded tourist who actually sees the look of disgust on your face for getting into your way.

And these pedestrians, my friends, are the tourists who go home to Pensacola, Peoria, or Pocatello to tell all of small-town America, "New Yorkers are so mean!"

9 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Karen ;- ) said...

Maybe THIS is why you haven't gotten laid in 137 days. You're so aggro...wait a minute, I thought all chicks liked angry guys...

12:18 PM  
Blogger Trump said...

Maybe we should force certain peds to wear indicators. Maybe we could get those who walk too slowly to stay in a slow lane so the rest of us can get about our business without the eejits bothering us.
Nice blog btw.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous ED KrOCH said...

On the contrary Mr. IDIOT, you are the impediment that New Yorkers and tourtists alike must avoid. I am a New Yorker and you will never be. a real NY'er would never commit such inain exploits (woman crossing the street in the middle of the night as an example) to the page. Real NY'ers avoid stupid hipsters like yourself because you will unfailingly NOT RESPECT THE CITY in which you currently inhabit. Remember the girl on the LES who bellowed "what are you gonna do? shoot us?" and then got shot while her boyfriend ran away? You are another incarnation of that girl. Your herd needs to be thinned. Its only a matter of time. THE JUNGLE WILL SURELY SWOLLOW YOU UP AND SPIT OUT YOUR BONES. and remember: call your mother every week. she worries for good reason.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks, asshole. Actually, I had it all wrong: people like YOU are the reason outsiders think New Yorkers are mean.

And to think, I actually spent time today writing about how New Yorkers look out for each other in tough times.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Funny, I see other bloggers who are NYC natives bitching about the same things I do. I'm sorry you're so offended that I moved to your city three years ago and am annoyed by the same things you are. I'm also incredibly sorry for apparently offending you by writing about them.

Also, I take "asshole" as a compliment, but you, sir, have no right to call me a "hipster." I'll gladly accept "yuppie scum," though.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To IDIOT YUPPIE SCUM UN-HIP POSEUR

You have now been placed on notice that your point of view is neither important nor interesting. The east village used to be a cultural hub fostering understanding and diversity. You represent a dull wave of cultural mediocrity that is unfotunately the direction of our nation as a whole. If only you would keep your self-serving moronic obervations to yourself or at least to you little circle of mediocre un-hipsters maybe the cultural erosion you represent wouldn't seem so tragic, imenent and overwhelming. I know you won't post this, like my other response, because you are nothing but a little bitch whiner, follower and most of all a poseur without an original thought. JUST STOP PUBILCIZING YOUR IGNORANCE. IT'S NOT CUTE. IT'S EMBARRASSING. (talk about tough times.)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

No, I'll post this one, because your argument lacks any logic whatsoever. The snobbery you're spewing on here is the real cultural erosion. Despite the fact that you say the East Village has been a hub of understanding and diversity (a point with which I completely agree, deepening both my neighborhood pride and my own fears of further gentrification), you do not respect my divergent opinion. Snobbery like yours denies other people the right to speak up for what they believe; whether it's why tourists dislike New Yorkers, or why we should keep St. Brigid's Church from being converted into cookie-cutter condos.

You're entitled to your own opinion, and I respect that. But I rarely even share an opinion on my blog. I do my opinion-sharing on Daily Kos. This blog is purely entertainment. If you're not entertained, then simply don't read it. And don't judge me as a idiot yuppie scum un-hip poseur little whiny bitch when you really don't know me or what I stand for.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous *sigh* said...

Oh, ed kroch and anonymous...so proud you decided to come play on this blog. You're so angsty you must be authentic. Now go spray paint something or gel your hair so it looks like you haven't showered in weeks. Maybe get another ironic tattoo or wear your favorite counter-culture t-shirt du jour. You are SO the REAL New York. Just send me your address so I can send you your medal you ignorant boorish swag-bellied fustilarian. Kisses! Oh, and don't forget to spell check on your way out. Wait...does illiteracy make you an even MORE authentic New Yorker?

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"SPELLCHECK". Good comeback. somebody give this guy a book deal.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home