The Starbucks by the Starbucks by the Starbucks

Conversation at Cooper Union Starbucks at 8:30 last night:

Me: I'd like a grande Blackberry Green Tea Frappuccino.
Barista: Sure. (Pause) Actually, we're all out of the blended creme base. Would you like something else?
Me: Hmm. Umm...
Barista: If you want, the Starbucks across the street at Astor Place should still have some.
Me: Hmm. I guess I'll...
Barista: Or you can try the one a block away on Second Avenue.

7 Moments of Idiocy:

Blogger threetoedsloth said...

What does the blackberry and green tea mixture taste like? I get suspicious of mixing green tea flavors with fruit flavors ever since my experiment with a fruity version of the matcha green tea smoothie at Jamba Juice turned out to be a catastrophe. I thought I would die. I don't think it's on their menu anymore, fortunately...

4:43 PM  
Anonymous ryan said...

I once went to a Starbucks that was so big it had another Starbucks in it.

And neither of them had just black coffee.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's surprisingly refreshing. I might actually be addicted to it. I'm usually a green tea purist, but this is a bit like a green tea ice cream sundae with blackberry syrup.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Meredith said...

*MY* Starbucks is at Hollywood and McCadden, 1 block east of Hollywood and Highland. There's another Starbucks IN the mall at Hollywood and Highland. When ours is closed, people are told to go to that one. And then there's one 2 blocks north, at Highland and Franklin. Not to mention all the other Hollywood Starbucks. Sunset/LaBrea, Sunset/Gower, Sunset/St. Andrews (which is a block from Sunset and Gower) Hollywood and Western, and two in WeHo on Santa Monica Blvd. Oy.

Weren't you the one who told me there are only two Starbucks in Brooklyn, but, like, 215 in Manhattan? There are apparantly 92 in Mexico. There are probably 92 in the San Fernando Valley. I work a few blocks from Petau's house and there are about 3 between here and there.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

starbucks, schmarbucks...have you tried the strawberry papaya green tea at sympathy for the kettle (st. marks b/w 1st and a)?

12:12 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

If you stand just east of the astor place subway exit you can see 3 starbucks. The apocalypse is coming.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Karen ;- ) said...

"I saw the end of the universe...it's in Texas. I walked out of a Starbucks and saw, across the street...ANOTHER STARBUCKS!"
- Lewis Black

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home