Chris 1, Prescription Painkillers 0

I'm not the first NYC blogger who's taken a trip though the Beth Israel Emergency Room, but now I can willfully blog while on painkillers that apparently have no effect on knocking me out.

After getting six hours of sleep the night before, after not eating anything for the entire day, after sitting in pain in the emergency room for two hours, and after being given both a Vicodin and a Percocet, I was still lucid and awake at three o'clock this morning while watching a rerun of Sunday's Meet the Press.

How bad was my weekend? Well, let's just say that one of the first things the doctor in the ER asked me was, "have people been giving you looks when you walk down the street?"

Well yes, but only the crazy ones. Normal New Yorkers know not to stare.

7 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Amish said...

Yikes...what happened?

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

should've chased the percocet with some alcohol.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Marjorie said...

Good thing no one called for directions.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Karen ;- ) said...

I was just going to suggest slugging back about 3 doses of Makers Mark in addition to your pain killers. That'll take care of everything.

5:01 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

I'm with the others; I find the odd shot of your preferred poison will kick the drugs into effect.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Maple said...

Man, and you KNOW what that shit does to me.

What happened to you?

2:04 AM  
Blogger Audrey. said...

Thanks for your sympathies on my blog. I haven't had anything horrifically tramautic happen to me as of late, but suffice it to say that I heart antibiotics. Unrelated, when I don't drink at least 2 liters of water a day, I feel like I want to be slowly crushed by a subway train.

Note: my insurance run-ins have been with Beth Israel, so watch it when the bills come. You may have to make some phone calls in a month or so. Hope you feel better by then.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home