America's Got Jack

I am so ashamed to say that, after seven years of reality television, I have finally started watching a reality TV show. I've been watching "America's Got Talent."

This is not to say that I really enjoy watching it. But it's July, and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE ON TV WORTH WATCHING. And it's amusing to see people make fools of themselves, and jumping on this show's bandwagon early carries far less guilt than admitting watching the awful auditions in the early rounds of "American Idol."

Of the seven other people who probably watch this mindless summer filler, did anyone notice that Brandy got bitchy last night? She suddenly went from Paula Abdul to a female Simon Cowell. I was waiting for her to bust out her truly bitchy side:


I apologize. I will never subject you to a discussion of a Regis Philbin-hosted television programs again.

12 Moments of Idiocy:

Blogger Audrey. said...

Netflix, my friend, Netflix is the answer to bad summer TV. That and the ridiculous quantity of on demand crap that we get in my apartment. I don't even know how to work the remote. My roommates ordered it, I'm just a cable-TV victim.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Amish said...

Haha, I didn't want to admit it, but I was watching that yesterday too. Not only that, but I was switching back and forth between that and "So You Think You Can Dance."

After those were done, I watched Shrek 2 on HBO On Demand.

Fucking summer television.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

I'm with Audrey. Get the Netflix. Or get HBO. No one should have to be subjected to AGT.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night, wasn't America's Got Talent, The One, You Think You Can Dance, and Rockstar Supernova all on AT THE SAME TIME!?

Just when I thought TV was getting better.

-beej

12:26 PM  
Blogger WelshSoxFan said...

I feel like TV during the other seasons isn't much better. HBO, Cinemax and Showtime are the only way to go.

And why do you people have so many goddamn commercials? It aggravates the shit out of me!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Meaghan said...

While I admit that there was not much on last night, you *could* have watched Project Runway. It's like watching a roomful of LI Rys, except with more talent.

In other TV news, I'd like to take this opportunity to reccomend you give Kyle XY a shot. I've watched the last 2 episodes, and I'm pretty sure that it's so ridiculously akward that it is fabulous. The last episode centered around the alien kid getting his first erection. I swear to god. Mondays at 8 on ABC Family: who knew?

2:59 PM  
Blogger Deb O said...

How about reading a book? Someone suggested I read America's Moral Crisis by former President Jimmy Carter.

Unfortunately, AGT was on in our house, too. No baseball.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Beehive Hairdresser said...

The First 48 on A&E, the best reality show on tv. Thursday nights at 9pm. Enjoy it.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you think you can dance: best of the worst

12:06 PM  
Blogger mrsmogul said...

OH geez we don't get this show here. THANK GAWD!! When is this reality stuff going to end. Some of it I watch (cause it's like a disease)

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your grasp of the black dialect is phenomenal.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous BostonRC said...

Hey there, Myspace buddy.....There's really not a whole lot on during the summer, or at least not on nights when you'd want to be sitting at home watching TV.

Fire up the Tivo & check out "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" on FX, Thursday nights. & if you've got a few bucks lying around, download some of the first season episodes off iTunes. It's not quite "Arrested Development," but it's definitely the funniest show I've seen since.

Not quite as good, but still better than "So You Think You Can Dance" are "Psych" (USA) & "The Chelsea Handler Show" (E!) both on Friday nights. & of course, the champion of summer TV "Entourage," on Sunday nights (HBO).

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home