We're #1 (again)!

For the second year in a row, Rhode Island drivers are the worst in the nation! As a native Rhode Islander, I can't disagree.

After all, look at Patrick Kennedy! The politicos inside the Beltway may blame substance abuse for his accident, but his constituents know the truth: he was just driving like a Rhode Islander! You know, "pulling a U-ie," or speeding up through a yellow light, or doing "the Rhode Island block" (blocking a lane of oncoming traffic to make a left turn).

Although I no longer have a car and therefore do not drive in or out of my home state, I want to state for the record that I am part of the solution, not part of the problem:


Plus, I received a near-perfect score of 99% on my on-road license test in 1998. That test consisted of driving around a block near the DMV. The one point off was for "inattention," because I was so shocked that the instructor told me to turn back into the parking lot after 2 minutes, I said "turn right here?" He sternly replied, "yes, right here."

I can drive around a block with flying colors! No wonder Rhode Island drivers are so bad.

3 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Joy said...

I laugh at your state.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Deb O said...

Must have been the same guy when your sister took her road test five years later.

3:27 PM  
Blogger heatheradair said...

funny thing - i've sort of grown up assuming that there were no worse drivers than those in the pacific northwest...and look who snagged the top two spots: WA and OR.

guess I'll scratch RI off my list of "fun places to add to the honeymoon road trip roster."

not so much for me, as for the husband that has a tendancy to leap out of the car, stand in the middle of the road and yell at other drivers...and apparently he does that when drivin around with the best the country's got to offer.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home