No Man's Land

I went downtown last night for the first time in ages. I've only ever had two reasons to go down there:
- Going to J&R for a good deal on an mp3 player
- Visiting my old clients on Wall Street (who have since moved to greener pastures in the Midwest)

Last night, a friend was in town, staying at the Marriott at World Financial Center. As soon as I exited the subway around 8:30, I was quickly reminded why I never come down here. The streets were completely empty. I was literally able to walk down the middle of Rector Street from Trinity Place clear across to West Street.

Places That Are More Exciting Than The Financial District After 8PM:

The Plains of Nebraska

The World's Largest Pecan, Brunswick, Missouri

The Arizona Desert

Boring, Oregon

Antarctica

1 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see pittsburg, kansas isn't on this list.

i guess because pittsburg kansas isn't more exciting than empty new york streets.

hmm.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home