So much for the New York Diet

I stepped on the scale today for the first time since I moved back to the city in March. Perhaps it was foolish of me to think that this was a good idea, but after living in Manhattan, where I can walk virtually everywhere (and practically do), I figured I would have - at the very least - netted out even, or even lost some weight. After all, New York is one of the healthier cities in the nation, at least in terms of our waistlines.

Not with me. I've gained ten pounds since I moved back.

The problem? I live in a neighborhood with cheap food, cheap beer, and cheap women.

Okay, scratch that third one. There's no such thing as a cheap woman in New York City.

So, beginning right now, I will get those 30 pounds off. I will exercise daily. I will watch what I eat. I will switch to the "Enlightened" Jamba Juice smoothies. And I will drink a lot less beer.

I went to the gym today (see above for props to Crunch), and I'll probably hurt like hell tomorrow. And I can't imagine what I'll feel like Tuesday. But it'll be a good burn, and I have to start somewhere.

0 Moments of Idiocy:

Post a Comment

<< Home