The ??? Morning Zoo

One of my guilty pleasures is waking up every morning to Elvis Duran and the Z Morning Zoo on Z100. It pretty much takes everything obnoxious about a Top 40 radio station morning show and perfects it. It is often imitated, but never duplicated.

Despite all of the syndicated radio shows based out of New York, Z100's show has always stayed local. Z100 jokes about the goombas on the Jersey Shore every summer, the snobs in Fairfield County, and the LawnGuyLand accent. And it's very, very funny.

But the Z Morning Zoo will be dead to me soon. In an apparent effort to cut costs (what a shock), Clear Channel is piping the Z Morning Zoo down to Miami's Y100 starting next Monday.

I don't know anything about Miami, and I don't care. I don't live there. And the feeling could be mutual, although people in South Florida might be jealous that they don't live here in New York. I don't want to hear jokes about Miami, and I don't care what's happening in Miami. And I refuse to suffer.

Good riddance, Z Morning Zoo. It's been a great run. I guess I have no choice but to listen to The Big Show with Scott and Todd on WPLJ if I want a mildly-entertaining "Zoo-style" morning show. Only this one is interspersed with Phil Collins songs. Shoot me now.

0 Moments of Idiocy:

Post a Comment

<< Home