Crunch under a time crunch

As you might have seen, there's a new Crunch under construction at 4th Avenue & 12th Street, which will be known as the Union Square Sports Club. This was great news for me; I live three blocks from there, and I belonged to Crunch the last time I lived in the city and loved it. The new club was due to be open in late April... at least that's what they told me when I signed up for a membership there in late March.

I've walked by several times in the last couple weeks to see it still shuttered and far from completion. Then came this letter in the mail this weekend:

[D]ue to unavoidable permitting and construction delays, we have been forced to push back our opening date to early summer.

Bastards! I'm already gaining weight faster than someone on the juice. The last thing I need is an excuse to put off working out until early summer.

Fear not! Despite apparently being notorious for bad customer service (although I never personally experienced it in my 15 months with Crunch last time around), Crunch kissed and made up with me in the next paragraph:

Since we know you must be eager to jump into your new fitness routine and as a thank you for your patience, Crunch Fitness would like to offer you a COMPLIMENTARY All Access pass to any Crunch Fitness location, effective immediately. This includes all 15 clubs in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Long Island. Think of it as our way of saying "thanks for waiting" and "we haven't forgotten about you."

Could this be because the co-founder of NYSC bought Crunch earlier this year? I don't know, but this is good customer service, and just plain good business.

0 Moments of Idiocy:

Post a Comment

<< Home