Boozin' at... Barcade

Party like it's 1986

I'd heard all this buzz about Barcade (388 Union Ave., between Ainslie and Powers Sts., Brooklyn), especially since I'm a beer snob. Their beer selection is top-notch, even though there's not a single beer from outside U.S. borders. They pour fantastic microbrews, from California to Vermont and everywhere in between (Thursday was "Midwest Beer Night"). All the beers run $4-5.

Oh, and did I mention the video games? Centipede. Asteroids. Donkey Kong. Super Mario Bros. Q-bert. Tetris. And my personal favorite, Arkanoid. Countless others, all 25 cents, with their trusty change machine, named "SeƱor Machina de Cambio," ready to serve you.

The sad thing about going to Barcade is you learn just how rusty you are at these video games you were obsessed with as a kid. I blew a dollar just trying to get past the first round of Arkanoid. I'll be back for another challenge... and to make the high score chalkboard hanging high above the bar.

(Take the L train to Lorimer St. Walk south 2 blocks from the Union Ave. exit. 10 minutes from the L at 1st Ave.)

0 Moments of Idiocy:

Post a Comment

<< Home