Super Bowl Preview, from an ad geek

With the Super Bowl just ten days away, and with me working in the advertising industry, I thought I would share with you My 6 Favorite Super Bowl Ads of This Decade, in no particular order:

FedEx, 2005: My personal favorite... #8: Product Message (optional)

Reebok, 2003: Terry Tate, Office Linebacker. Spawned my catch phrase with Nate, "you call the 'dough, you let me know. YOU KNOW THAT, BABY!"

Budweiser, 2003: I just saw the "Zebra" ad again on TV last weekend. It's hysterical, and it's the only ad with the clydesdales that I like.

ETrade Monkey, 2000: Smart, simple, and a huge waste of money. 17 dot-coms ran ads that year. How many of them still exist? Well, the ETrade Monkey returned in 2001 to answer that, complete with the corpse of the Pets.com sock puppet.

Budweiser, 2001: WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Watching the market recap, drinking an import. Budweiser spoofing themselves. Brilliant.

Budweiser, 2005: I have never laughed as hard as I did at the slapstick humor in the "Skydiver" ad.

1 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Josh said...

well, at least if it's not the Pats, it's my hometown team. FYI, the town of Washington PA voted unanimously to change its name to Steeler until after the Super Bowl, so there'd be no confusion over who the town was rooting for.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home