UPDATED: Please swipe arm and leg

Update: Today, Saturday, the price has jumped up again at the same gas station: $2.52. That's a 24 cent increase in 5 days. This is getting out of hand.

So gas prices got a little out of control this week. Now, I didn't think to take a picture of the Cumby's by my house on Monday, but here's a quick photoshop recreation of what it looked like on Monday morning:



Tuesday, it hit $2.31.
Wednesday, up to $2.34.
Thursday, it jumped up to $2.39.
This afternoon, on my way home from work, I saw this surprise:



Yeah, thanks. And I didn't buy gas all week. Do I need to start looking at oil futures on the business page to determine the best time to buy gas? I had half a tank at the beginning of the week, and thought about filling up, but just never got around to it. Four days and 19 cents a gallon later, I'm regretting it.

1 Moments of Idiocy:

Anonymous Beej said...

If it makes you feel any better... I paid $2.09 for gas out in Reading, PA on Sunday. Yesterday, gas was going for $2.63 here around my house.

54 cent difference, in two days within 50 miles of each other. For only the second time EVER... i put more than $20 into my gas tank.

Thank you W.?

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home